Grooming is a personal business. Men and women both like to feel good about their bodies…
If you are a man, then shaving and/or trimming the hair on your face is an essential part of taking care of your body. Your professional and social life will be better if you present yourself well in terms of grooming and cleanliness.
For this reason, a good razor is a vital grooming tool that every man should have. The best razors for men will prove their value many times over, helping you to look better and more presentable to all the people around you.
To achieve a significant and precise result, it is crucial to use a quality razor. Lower quality razors will leave behind hairs, and some have blades that are either too dull or too pointy.
When looking for the best razors, it is good to know which products on the market are popular because of their proven quality and efficiency.
Types of Razors
Before we proceed with our razor recommendations, here is a list of the different types of razors that you can find in stores and online. This will help you pick which one fits you best.
- Disposable razors. Disposable razors are made for a single use. After that, you need to discard them. These razors are inexpensive and are quite handy when traveling. However, the quality of the blades is not that great, which may result in uneven shaving.
- Electric razors. Electric razors are also great for traveling and can be used even without shaving cream. Most men have an electric razor, but but some people do not prefer electric razors because of skin irritation. And even if you have one, you’ll want to use a razor with blades occasionally to get a deeper shave.
- Cartridge razors. This type of razor has a flexible center that follows the shape of your face, leading to a smoother and more comfortable shave. The cartridges contain up to six blades, and are meant to be replaced after several uses. Cartridge razors are considered to be safe to use with very little danger of accidentally cutting yourself.
- Safety razors. A safety razor has a single blade whose edge makes slight contact with the skin so that it won’t cut you. This is the type of razor that men used decades ago. It has a permanent handle with a metal head. You can replace the single stainless razor blade depending on how often you use it.
- Straight razors. Also called cut-throat razors, this type of razor is foldable in the handle. The blade is usually permanent (while some are replaceable) and is made of hard steel. Straight razors can last a lifetime as long as they are properly maintained and sharpened. The use of straight razors may look cool, but they can cause serious injury if used improperly.
To make your shaving easy, we recommend that you use an electric razor or a beard trimmer, in combination with a cartridge razor. You can use the electric razor when you are traveling or for days when you are in a hurry. And then on days that you want a deeper shave, you can use the cartridge razor.
If you have a beard, you can get away with using only your beard trimmer most of the time, but you will still need a manual razor to trim your neckline every couple of weeks. A disposable razor will probably be sufficient.
7 Best Razors for Men
below are our seven razor recommendations. We have tried to pick at least one razor from each category.
1. Gillette Sensor3 Men’s Disposable Razor (8-Pack). Gillette’s Sensor3 razor has three chromium-coated blades attached to a pivoting head for flexibility while shaving. This is one of the best razors for men in the disposable category. Sensor3 has three different versions that you can choose from, including Sensor3 Comfort for comfortable shaving, Sensor3 Sensitive for sensitive skin, and Sensor3 Cool for a cooling effect while shaving.
Pros of this razor are that it has three skin sensing blades and a lubricating strip. It also has a 40° pivot head and skinguard fins.
Cons are that it is recommended for a single use only.
2. Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 5 5018s. Electric razors are easy and convenient to use, and one brand we recommend is Braun. With Braun’s Series 5 5018s, you will get an electric shaver with a precision trimmer for better accuracy. Furthermore, this also comes with three flexible blades that adapt to the contours of your face. It is also 100% waterproof, which allows you to use it even when inside the showers.
Pros: Easy clean system, Lithium-ion battery with 50 minutes runtime between charges, 5-minute quick charge for one full shave, and precision trimmer for mustache and sideburns.
Cons: Does not have an AutoSense Motor technology that other Braun’s products have.
3. RoziaPro Electric Razor for Men 5-in-1 Rotary Shaver. This 5-in-1 versatile razor can be used not only for shaving a beard but also for trimming your sideburns and nose. It is a 3D rotating shaver with precision blades for added accuracy. Moreover, it is waterproof, making it a good tool when shaving while in the showers.
Pros: Waterproof, USB cordless charge, double ring blades, Precision cut with 0.1mm blade.
Cons: Not suitable for close shaving, and brand is relatively unknown.
4. Panasonic Arc4 Electric Razor for Men with Pop-up Beard Trimmer. Another excellent men’s razor that we want to include in this list is Panasonic’s Arc4 electric razor. It has hypoallergenic nanotech blades that are great for people who have hypersensitive skin. The pop-up trimmer trims mustaches, beards, and sideburns better than regular razors.
Pros: Wet and dry use, flexible pivoting head and shaving sensor that adjusts cutting power when in use
Cons: Replacing foils and blades may be expensive, and the razor is a bit bulky
5. Schick Hydro 5 Sense Sensitive Razors. This razor by Schick is one of the best razors for men primarily because of their unique blades. The five ultra-glide blades have herbal extracts that uphold a sensitive gel formula for skin protection and comfort when shaving. It also has a shock absorber technology that adjusts to the pressure you are using while shaving, leading to more precise cuts.
Pros: You can switch out a five-blade razor for general shaving to a one-edge trimming blade. This shavor also has seven gel pools for lubrication, and is great for sensitive skin.
Cons: Slightly expensive than other razors.
6. Vikings Blade The Chieftain Double Edge Safety Razor. Safety razors may be old school, but that only proves that they have withstood the test of time. The same goes for this Vikings Blade safety razor. It is made from high-end materials and has been subjected to high-quality control standards, which ensure that it is up to par with other products in the best razors for men.
Pros: Eco-friendly, and luxurious looking. Comes with Swedish 13C26 steel mild blades, and it takes only 5 seconds to change the blade.
Cons: Somewhat expensive.
7. Professional Barber Straight Edge Razor. This straight edge razor comes with 100 individually-wrapped premium blades. It features a comfortable metal grip so that it’ll be easier for you to maneuver when shaving.
Pros: Rust-free 430 GR Japanese stainless steel, ergonomic design and a flippable blade cover.
Cons: Requires practice for first-time users. You must be careful at all times while using this straight edge razor to prevent injuries.
You will not regret paying for a good razor. The better ones last for many years, and make a big difference to your appearance. Invest in a good razor today!